One Care Activation on XP With IE8 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I could not get this to work. It is also a terrible UX. When you have to enter your product key, for each of the 25 letters you have to type in there are 2 debug (yes\no) prompts. Also both 25 letter and 9 letter key boxes show up. Finally after the 100 or so dialogs you have dismissed the product does not activate. Very bad experience nobody else should see. It should be fixed before IE8 is used by more users. Has anybody also seen the same problem? Is this known?

Let me know if I can help with logs but my guess is this can be done from any IE8 + XP machine. You'll also have to send me another product key cause I managed to use mine on a non IE8 XP machine and then joined the circle on the IE8 machine.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:41 PM

Answers

• JeremyV@Live.com,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

When activating OneCare, do you receive an error message?

Yes, please send over the supportzipfile.log with the following instructions:

OneCare Support data. Steps below:

1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the following folder if Windows is installed on the C drive:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\

2. Double click the file named OneCareSupport or OneCareSupport.exe. (Right click and “Run as Administrator” in case of VISTA).  It will begin to collect the information.

3. When it finishes collecting the information, note the path shown and name of the information file. (Generally, it is C:\OneCareSupportData.zip)

4.    Send the OneCareSupportData.zip to oc-forums@live.com

Lori MS

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:45 PM