Portfolio Analysis Force In Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In Portfolio Analysis, you are given the ability to Force In / Force Out a project from selections. My client would like to add a field for the reason this was being done. I added a field and a lookup table, and I got the field onto the Summary view, but I couldn't update it. How can this be done, if it can be, or if not, is there a way to change the values for the Forced In field and have that value selected on the PA? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ray 

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you can create 2 LookUp tables, one for ForceIn and one for ForceOut. Use them in the Alias section at the bootom of the page:

Then you can use entries of these tables to document the reason:

Unfortunately, I was not yet able to see the selected value in Project Center View. But ist is avaliable in  OData:

https://YOURTENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/CostScenarioProjects()?$Filter=ForceAliasLookupTableName ne ''

I had to search some time. I found "ForceAliasLookupTableName" immediately, but did not look at the value. And I just did not expect to see a selected value in a field called "...TableName".

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can create 2 LookUp tables, one for ForceIn and one for ForceOut. Use them in the Alias section at the bootom of the page:

Then you can use entries of these tables to document the reason:

Unfortunately, I was not yet able to see the selected value in Project Center View. But ist is avaliable in  OData:

https://YOURTENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/CostScenarioProjects()?$Filter=ForceAliasLookupTableName ne ''

I had to search some time. I found "ForceAliasLookupTableName" immediately, but did not look at the value. And I just did not expect to see a selected value in a field called "...TableName".

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:01 AM
  • That worked like a charm Barbara I appreciate the assistance. 

Cheers, Ray

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:24 PM