Ref : something seems wrong ---Back to square A RRS feed

• Question

•  

After all the trouble  ( refer the thread something seems wrong !) my site http://www.odakuzhal.com  was properly indexed and cached . and it was possible for someone tofind the site using  search words like "malayalam flute " film song flute " etc . Well , there was no problem for a couple of months till MSN again cached my site on 05/04/2008 . Now my site is no longer showing up with search words !

I have not changed anything and can some one be kind enough to take a look and advise ?

Thanks

pillai kgk

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

are you still having sitemap issues?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:01 PM

All replies

• Pillai, your site is still indexed and cached with Live Search. What makes a big difference is how your search terms are ordered.  For example, Live Search for "malayalam flute" produces no exact match pointing to your site because there are words found between these two words ... "malayalam film songs background flute notation tunes downloads playing techniques carnatic light flautist instrumental artists indian music kerala".

One suggestion would be to revise the wording on the text within your site's page.  If you want Live Search to find the exact string of text "malayalam flute" you need to have this phrase on your page.

I've taken a look at your website keyword tags using a Meta Tag Analysis.  There are several areas to improve upon, including Page Title, Description, Keywords, the absence of a Robots Meta tag, and no author Meta Tag. Thought the Robots Meta Tag and Author Meta Tag is not required, it is helpful and provides more information about your website.

On tool that I find useful is the Meta Tag Analyzer, by Hypergurl. The URL for this online utility is:

http://www.hypergurl.com/form.html

The tool is near the bottom of the page. In the resulting Page Analysis, strive for 100% accuracy. Also, try to limit your keyword to a 3-word density string. Having "data base of stage artists   ," should look like this:

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="data base, stage artists, south indian instrumentalists, music related shops">

Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:36 PM
  • Dear Doc ,

I am sorry .I do not fully agree with your answer .I believe that something is wrong with my site map ..I had written

elaborately on this matter (Refer--something seems wrong ) . I had created a new site map (XML ) as per the advice of the members of this forum and MSN had cached the site and it was possible to find the site using keywords like "Malayalam flute " "carnatic flute " etc . It went on well for a month till the next cache on 04/05/2008.

Now I find that my old .gz site map is on and you may find the same by simply  searching for odakuzhal.com    

You will find 2 sites

What has happened to the  new XML file I had painstakingly uploaded ? Google and yahoo seem to have no problems

with .gz or XML .

Just try ---http://www.odakuzhal.com/sitemap.xml in the Yahoo search engine !

I wonder what makes MSN so special and I wonder why they are playing --so hard to get ! and to

make matters worse what feed back does a web master get ? Just look at Google ! Wow ! That

is real feed back !

Thanks

pillai

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:36 AM
  • What are you using to generate the site map?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:03 PM
  •  www.OhioPC-Solutions.info wrote:

Pillai, your site is still indexed and cached with Live Search. What makes a big difference is how your search terms are ordered.  For example, Live Search for "malayalam flute" produces no exact match pointing to your site because there are words found between these two words ... "malayalam film songs background flute notation tunes downloads playing techniques carnatic light flautist instrumental artists indian music kerala".

One suggestion would be to revise the wording on the text within your site's page.  If you want Live Search to find the exact string of text "malayalam flute" you need to have this phrase on your page.

I've taken a look at your website keyword tags using a Meta Tag Analysis.  There are several areas to improve upon, including Page Title, Description, Keywords, the absence of a Robots Meta tag, and no author Meta Tag. Thought the Robots Meta Tag and Author Meta Tag is not required, it is helpful and provides more information about your website.

On tool that I find useful is the Meta Tag Analyzer, by Hypergurl. The URL for this online utility is:

http://www.hypergurl.com/form.html

The tool is near the bottom of the page. In the resulting Page Analysis, strive for 100% accuracy. Also, try to limit your keyword to a 3-word density string. Having "data base of stage artists   ," should look like this:

My answers are only suggestions.  I'm merely showing the various areas with your site that could use some improvement. For the exact reasons why the bots act strangely (cache and no-cache), I don't know the exact answer to that.  No one seems to know the answer.  I don't even think that Microsoft Corporation knows the answer.

One more possible thing to try (just a suggestion) is adding a META tag to the < head >. For example:

Code Snippet

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />

If I'm not mistaken you're using xml-sitemaps.com to generate XML sitemaps.  This sitemap generator has no issues, the xml validates perfectly, and MSN accepts it as a valid sitemap. The XML produced by xml-sitemaps.com is a form of globally accepted xml encoding. This Generator wouldn't be the issue.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:33 PM
  •  

Please refer my earlier thread   --something seems wrong .All details are explained there . Site map is proper .

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:40 PM
  • Dear Doc ,

I am sorry . I know that your answers are only suggestions and you seem to realize how frustrated I am . You only have to see my earlier thread  --something seems wrong to gather an idea of the trouble I have taken and

the earnest help I have received from members of this forums . My site map seems to be .gz instead of XML as far

as Microsoft is concerned as you can see . And as you have correctly noted the site map generator is not the issue .

Now I have to get Microsoft to accept my XML site map  but they seem to be stuck  with my .gz file .Hard luck .

Shall I wait and see what fortune the next crawl will bring ? Maybe a Miracle will happen !

Thanks

pillai kgk

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

are you still having sitemap issues?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:01 PM