Deployment Manager Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am importing a existing organization with the help of Deployment Manager. while impoting i am getting the below error. why this error comes what is the solution.

A "Subquery returned more than 1 value" error is logged when you run the Microsoft CRM Redeployment Tool

Thanks

Anand.

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Anand

Can you take a look in the log file and post a little bit more details of the error?

Is SQL installed on the same server as the CRM server?

If so, how many free RAM do you have before you start this process?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:18 AM

All replies

•  

Dear,

can you do trace and give me more details about log

http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

Regards,

Imran

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:56 PM
  • Hi Imran,

this is some more detail of my error.

"Import Organization (Name=Locton, Id=a2c4a603-c045-dd11-8361-0050568112a3) failed with Exception:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.
    The statement has been terminated"

Thanks

Anand.

Monday, June 30, 2008 9:43 AM
  • Hi Arnand

I'm having the exact same issue, have you logged this error already at Microsoft?

My SQL Profiler trace didn't contain any useful information, unfortunately.

Were your users all mapped? In my situation the customer has users which are not anymore in the AD.

Thanks for the response

Monday, July 7, 2008 10:19 AM
  • I found the solution for this issue. Apparently my customer didn't listen well and had installed a few triggers on some tables. Obvious these triggers were fired since the tables are updated by the import process.

After disabling the triggers, I could import the organization without a problem.

What an old article for CRM 1.2 can be useful for.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Hi Steven,

Thanks for solution, i think iam getting struck now in Updating Users. while importing existing Database it asks for user mapping only 1 user is getting mapped ie Administrator other users are not getting mapped. So only 1 user is getting mapped and while importing it halts a while in updating users and gives this below error.

"Error| Import Organization (Name=Locton, Id=0a65fa9b-d55e-dd11-a7ff-005056812b3a) failed with Exception:
    Microsoft.Crm.CrmReportingException: The operation has timed out ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out"

Please tell me a solution for this error.

Thanks

Anand.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:12 AM
  • Hi Anand

Can you take a look in the log file and post a little bit more details of the error?

Is SQL installed on the same server as the CRM server?

If so, how many free RAM do you have before you start this process?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:18 AM