Uninstalling my "vail" add-in from Dashboard does not uninstall files? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a simple Vail add-in with an installer (.wssx file) using VS 2010.  Everything works as expected on the installation-side, but when uninstalling the add-in from the Dashboard, none of my add-in files get removed from the system (although, correctly, my add-in is no longer displayed in the Dashboard).  I found that if I open the Windows Control Panel then my add-in still shows up in the 'installed programs' list ... if I uninstall my add-in directly from the Control Panel then all my add-in files do get removed correctly.  I followed the WSS SDK walkthrough/samples ... using VS 2010 ... pretty straight-forward.  fyi, I didn't see any relevant bits of information in the vail logs.

Anyone have any ideas what's going wrong here ... or how to debug the installer (yes, I'm new to the msi install world)

Thanks! Joe.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Joe P!

We have seen errors like this before.
    The solution to this in most cases is very simple.
    It is a mismatch of the product code in msi and wssx.

These must match.

I'm very certain that if you match these up, it will resolve your uninstallation issue.

Best,
    Fabian

• Marked as answer by Joe P_ Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:18 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hello Joe P!

We have seen errors like this before.
    The solution to this in most cases is very simple.
    It is a mismatch of the product code in msi and wssx.

These must match.

I'm very certain that if you match these up, it will resolve your uninstallation issue.

Best,
    Fabian

• Marked as answer by Joe P_ Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:18 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:58 PM
  • Thanks Fabian.  Yes, that makes sense and resolve the issue.  Thanks!!
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:19 PM