What are Private Threads ? a New Functionality ? RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, new UI looks promising !

Alright, in the video Power User Benefits , it has been asserted that, Moderators/Administrators/Owners can view Private threads ! What are they actually ? a New Functionality ? 

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki

Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:58 AM

Answers

• You are correct. Primarily these are partner forums.

Forums Program Manager

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:47 AM
  • I'm glad you think the UI looks promising, we are very excited to see this go live and would love continued feedback once we do!

Although most users will not run into private forums, this is actually a functionality in which we have today. These users have certain permissions in order to view these forums. Since we are now mixing threads from different forums, when a specific scope has not been set, the use of icons will allow for a quick identification if a thread belongs to one of these private forums. This is also true for abusive threads to promote a quicker response from moderators and owners in order to reduce spam.   

Forums Program Manager

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:13 AM

All replies

• I'm glad you think the UI looks promising, we are very excited to see this go live and would love continued feedback once we do!

Although most users will not run into private forums, this is actually a functionality in which we have today. These users have certain permissions in order to view these forums. Since we are now mixing threads from different forums, when a specific scope has not been set, the use of icons will allow for a quick identification if a thread belongs to one of these private forums. This is also true for abusive threads to promote a quicker response from moderators and owners in order to reduce spam.   

Forums Program Manager

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:13 AM

Although most users will not run into private forums, this is actually a functionality in which we have today. These users have certain permissions in order to view these forums. 

Thanks for the response Bryant.

I never heard about any existing private forum till today, now I do :)

what kind of users visit there ? VIP users or special users ? Could you please  give an example ?

Edit : I know that, Moderators forums are private as well as PArtner forums. Are you referring the same forums ?

Regards,Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:21 AM
  • You are correct. Primarily these are partner forums.

Forums Program Manager

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:47 AM
  • Thanks Bryant.

Regards, Santosh

Blog | Wiki

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:51 AM