ST2013 Display on High DPI screen is not scaling correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Streets and Trips Team:

I installed ST2013 on new Lenovo X1 Carbon that has a very high native DPI (2560 x 1440) and Windows 8.1.  Most programs use auto scaling to display correctly.  ST2013 is crunching up the text in the route planner and elsewhere.  But most annoying is the route numbers and text information boxes that display on the map; they are very very large (not scaling well) and cover large portions of the map.

I have tried changing the program's compatibility mode on the .exe to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" but this has not changed the behavior.  I am waiting for a cable to connect the laptop to my external monitor and will see if it displays better on the external monitor (at a lower DPI).  This is one of a few programs that I am having display difficulties with auto scaling.  The other programs are much worse.

On my old laptop (Lenovo T510) there was no problems with the display.

I expect that this cannot be resolved in the current release (ST2013) but I hope it can be corrected in the next release.  Please let me know if you are aware of this.

Monday, March 3, 2014 12:34 AM