CRM 2011 RU15 Issues RRS feed

• Question

• After recently updating our CRM 2011 RU 15 on-premise we have ran into several issues. Every time I switch between entities I get the blue circle loading ring and it takes several seconds to load the view. Also it takes several seconds or even sometimes I have to click on a record several times to get it to open up. It always causes Outlook itself to constantly stop responding. Has anyone else ran into these issues?

Another user has been having different issues after ru15 was installed. If they click an entity view once the records will load if they click another entity view and then back again nothing loads and each entity view will load once and if you click off that view and return nothing will load unless you restart Outlook.

Does anyone know how to fix these issues? I've tried uninstalling the Outlook client and reinstalling, same with just the RU15 and each time the same issues persist.

Thanks for any help.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:06 PM

All replies

• Are you installing UR15 on both the CRM server and the Outlook client?  If you don't install both, that may cause unexpected behavior.  If so, go to Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft Dynamics CRM and open the troubleshooting tool.  From there, you can turn on logging, and the log files might have something if you post them, or search them for the word "error".

What Update Rollup were you on before?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:49 PM
  • The server and client are both on RU 15. We were on RU11 before without the critical update for it and we were experiencing no problems.

I will try turning on the logging and see if that points to anything.

Monday, November 18, 2013 6:12 PM
  • I get some errors returned but based off doing some research don't seem to be relevant. Plus I get the same errors when I do a trace on a computer not rolled up to ru15 and is running without issues. Another thing I noticed that never happened before ru 15 was another small pop up window opens every time I go to open a record to show it's loading. I never had the issue before ru15.

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:39 PM
  • If rollback is possible, I'd roll back. Otherwise, I'd open a ticket with MS if nothing in the logs seems obvious.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Yes it is possible to rollback but would prefer not to have to do that. Some more issues I have been running into since RU15 update has been Outlook will not sync with the CRM. If i manually click the button it just endlessly spins. I left it for over an hour and nothing. And trying to track emails says it cannot track email while sync is in progress even though that is not the case.

Going back to Client RU11 and leaving the Server at RU15 works fine though, it would seem to be a client side issue? What issues would I run into if I left the server at RU15 and left all the client computers at RU11? I'm not noticing any negative effects at the moment.

Monday, November 18, 2013 10:07 PM
  • I don't know exactly, but it's obvious the behavior is better with the Outlook clients at RU11, so I would stick with that for now. It still might be a good idea to open a ticket with Microsoft, though.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:49 PM
  • uninstall all rollups till 6, then go 12 then 15..

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Daniel, thanks for the response. I tried this but got the same results.
    Monday, November 25, 2013 4:21 PM
  • did you complete the steps on your dynamics server or only client side?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:13 AM
  • I had only tried what you mentioned on my client side. Not on the server side as well. I suppose that would make a difference?
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:57 PM
  • of course, it would

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Unfortunately this didn't solve the issue either. We are going to open a ticket with Microsoft. Thanks for your help.
    • Proposed as answer by Daniel Ovadia Monday, November 17, 2014 2:09 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 10:10 PM
  • Did you have any luck with getting this resolved?  I have an issue where after installing RU15 Outlook takes 1 minute to start for all users.  Was working ok before this when installing the CRM outlook client using the disableofflinecapability switch when installing the CRM client.  Installing the RU15 update doesn't give you the option to disable this anymore??
    • Proposed as answer by Daniel Ovadia Monday, March 2, 2015 3:06 PM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:01 AM