How to drill down from Dundas charts to subreports in CRM 4.0? RRS feed

• Question

• I have uploaded parent report and other subreports in CRM 4.0. Parent report includes tables and Dundas Charts. I ensured that reports are not using shared data source. Reports are located in the Program Files\MS Dynamic CRM\Reports\MSCRM. The tables are able to drill through the their respective subreports but not from dundas charts. It shows reporting errror when drill through charts, "Details are not available because the sub report is missing ". While uploading subreports for charts using existing file as Report Type, I noticed that Parent Report lookup field is not populating. B'coz of that it's not drill through from charts. The Parent Report field should get populated automatically.

I am not able to understand the reason, why Parent Report field is not populating that is referencing to Parent Report even though I am not using shared data source. I think this is the reason behind the error.

Any help.

Thx,

Shashi

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Shashi,

I'll do the development using below steps:

1. Create a Project.
    2. Create Parent Report.
    3. Create Child Report.
    4. Drag the Child report in su-report area.
    5. Use local Data Source [Hard Code in each report]. Do not use Shared Data Source.
    6. Compile the report. If it is working as per requirement. THEN
    7. upload the child report to the SSRS Server manually.
    8. Upload the Parent Report using MS CRM Report wizard.
    9. Test it from MS CRM.
    10. It will definately work.

And if you are getting any errors see the For Error Description in Error Log:
    Log on to SQL Server, go to installation folder of SQL Server Reporting Services. Open the latest log file and see the error description.
    EG: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 8:57 AM