CRM form title change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i need to change the form title which the crm system will auto generate and save it permanentlywith one of the fields value  (ur-13)

i used these script but not working

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("ticketnumber").setValue(concatenatedString);

(or)

document.getElementById("form_title_div").childNodes[2].childNodes[0].innerHtml=concatenatedString;

Any help.

Thanks

Gary

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

Are you referring to something like this? If so, the following line of code seemed to work OK for me with UR13 installed.

document.getElementById('form_title_div').childNodes[1].innerText = 'Your Replacement String'

Please NOTE: This is not a supported customisation.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hi Eric,

thanks for the script but i need to save it permanently on the title of the page. using your line of script, am able to display it form loads. but when i want to save it permanently it is not working out.

Any help.

Gary

Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi Gary,

What is the entity that you are trying to update the title? Out of the Box or Custom?

If custom, the title is the new_name attribute so something like Xrm.Page.getAttribute("new_name").setValue(concatenatedString) should do the trick but if its out of the box entity, then you will need to identify the correct attribute.

Cheers

Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Eric,

Its custom entity, am changing the ticketnumber attribute. but it wont display on the title of the form now. when i use the following code

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("ticketnumber").setValue(concatenatedString)

Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Hi Gary,

OK, being a Custom entity, the attribute you should be updating is the Primary Field so that it can be displayed on the Title of the form.

You can identify the Primary field name when you go to the customisation screen of the entity. Then use the suggested setValue command to set the value.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Hey Eric,

I got to say that the primary fieldname i have is "title".

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("title").setValue(concatenatedString);   

used this, its changing the field attribute but not the title of the from. its still the same auto generated number.

if i use 

document.getElementById('form_title_div').childNodes[1].innerText = concatenatedString;

its changing the title but not saving it.

gary

Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

try this...

Xrm.Page.getControl("title").setLabel(concatenatedString);

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:22 PM
  • Hi Suresh,

I tried your code,but still no luck..

Gary

Friday, June 14, 2013 1:00 PM