CRM CAL license user or device? RRS feed

• Question

• If CRM device CAL licenses have been purchased (Dynamics CRM - Full Use Additive Device CAL), does that mean that the User needs an additional device licence when he or she accesses the CRM server from a different device?

How does that work with a Remote Desktop Server / Terminal Server? Does a Remote Desktop Server need one (?) additional CRM Device CAL per server?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you purchased device cal means you can access only in that device not apart from that device, any user can work CRM on that device.

I think it will work in remote desktop server too becuase you got device CAL license right, so only that system taking in remote.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:43 AM
    Answerer
  • What about accessing CRM through http from a tablet or smartphone, these then also need an additional device license.

If that is the case, we have been offered and have purchased the wrong CAL licence type.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

You cant able to access CRM through in tablet or smartphone because you have purchased device license, i think you can able to upgrade the device CAL to user CAL.

There is another option using mobile express you can able to access CRM in tablet and smartphone. I am not sure about license for mobile express.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:36 PM
    Answerer