Concurrency Visualizer Extension (VS2013): "An unknown error occurred while trying to start the collection process." RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this but since my question concerns an extension I'll give it a shot.

I'm trying to use the Visual Studio 2013 Concurrency Visualizer extension to debug a simple test console application. I've set executive paging to disabled in the registry as it directed and hit "add SDK to project" in the concurrency visualizer menu options. And of course, restarted my computer to apply the settings. When I try to "start [the concurrency visualizer] with current project" I get an error popup:

"An unknown error occurred while trying to start the collection process."

I really need the concurrency profiling to start debugging contention in my multithreaded application. Prompt assistance would be much appreciated.

• Edited by superstatic Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:01 PM Fixed title
    • Moved by Anna Cc Monday, July 7, 2014 9:11 AM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is to discuss and ask questions about extending and integrating with Visual Studio (using the Extension Manager, building VSX containers for deployment, Visual Studio SDK, and more), Visual Studio Online (REST APIs, service hooks, and OAuth), and Team Foundation Server.

You have problems when using Concurrency Visualizer Extension, please ask in the page under "Q AND A". Since Concurrency Visualizer is a diagnostic tool, you can post this issue in Visual Studio Diagnostics (Debugger, Profiler, IntelliTrace) forum too.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Fair enough, moved my question to the diagnostics forum. Delete this thread if you like.
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 2:53 AM