none
Progress on NNTP bridge? RRS feed

Answers

• We are still experiencing widespread system issues on the back end. I don't have an ETA for resolution yet, we are continually working on it every day for the past week or so. Once those are resolved, we will likely re enable the service for the bridge.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:11 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• We are still experiencing widespread system issues on the back end. I don't have an ETA for resolution yet, we are continually working on it every day for the past week or so. Once those are resolved, we will likely re enable the service for the bridge.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:11 AM
    Answerer
  • The NNTP bridge appears to be down since the 10tdh. So it's been about 12 days now.  That's quite a while.  

Please explain why Microsoft wouldn't "re-enable the service for the brdige."   You folks do realize that, according to statistics we generated from the community bridge interface program, the NNTP bridge is used for about one third of the replies.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Actually, the bridge service was disabled on 3/13 at about 9:30 pm or so.  The explaination as to why we did this and daily status is being posted here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/11c2c29b-df9e-4f9a-b786-70f8feab3696 as "NNTP Bridge Users: Please Read!".

I'm not sure what is meant by 'one third' of the replies coming from the bridge. I can get you the actual data if you would like, it is somewhat minor compared to the overall number of replies from the web.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:44 AM
    Answerer
  • I just looked at one low traffic group to estimate the date.   I see when I looked at another there is more traffic closer to the 13th.    The outage, being that it's 10 days, is still quite a while.

Note that when I initially posted in this thread there hadn't been an update in your thread all day Monday.   For that matter Saturday or Sunday but I figured some folks might not be working on the weekend.

I'd sure be interested in your statistics on the numbers of replies and postings using the NNTP bridge.    When you have some time.  Feel free to start another thread though.   Although as I don't visit this forum other than to view the NNTP bridge progress I'd appreciate an email letting me know it's there.   Or just a posting in this thread if email alerts works. 

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:43 AM