none
Replacement XP CD RRS feed

• Question

• I live in New Zealand and have lost my OEM copy of XP CD quite some time ago, and now need to format and reinstall. The place I originally got my computer from about 5 years ago no longer exists, but I have verified it is a genuine copy and have the original packaging for the CD, key etc.

Aside from buying a non-OEM copy of XP or Vista, what options do I have for locating a replacement disk for windows XP directly from Microsoft? I could only find contact details for US/Canada.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:15 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the  help :-).

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hello James,

Assuming the computer has a systembuilder/OEM/small manufacturer license for XP installed (the Certificate of Authenticity would have "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" on the second line), please refer to this MS KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

Scroll down to this section "Media replacement for users of system builders' computers" and choose the Asia-Pacific link.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Thank you for the  help :-).

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:43 PM