one care firewall RRS feed

• Question

• my onecare firewall is activated but on the control panel my firewall is disabled, are they two seperate entities?

does onecare override the other?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:43 AM

Answers

• One Care disables the Windows firewall. The Windows firewall and One Care firewall are separate and because you shouldn't use more than one firewall One Care disables the Windows firewall.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• One Care disables the Windows firewall. The Windows firewall and One Care firewall are separate and because you shouldn't use more than one firewall One Care disables the Windows firewall.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:32 PM
  • My problem is that, as soon as the windows firewall is disabled, the hub pc shows red every time. How do I get it to be green?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:03 AM
  •  Bob Chapman wrote:
    My problem is that, as soon as the windows firewall is disabled, the hub pc shows red every time. How do I get it to be green?

Which PC is the one that is showing a red status? The hub will show red of any PC in your Circle is having a problem. However, OneCare will *never* show red for the Windows Firewall being off. It will turn red if the OneCare firewall is turned off on any PC in the Circle.

If, however, you mean that you have a red shield with an "x" in it on the Hub PC in your system tray that reports that the Windows Firewall is off, yet OneCare is green, then you have a problem with the WMI database used by the Windows Security Center. See this post for the Windows Security Center fix - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2469173&SiteID=2

If that isn't the issue, please post back with more details.

-steve

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:14 PM