Share error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys.

i am running windows 7 ultimate on my machine and i have a guest user with a password i would like too use as a share user, but when i try to connect to my machine or if it tries to connect to other machines it fails and gives me this error message. Does anyone have good ideas? i have tried to remove password and removed asking for password in regedit, LimitBlankPasswordUse from 1 to 0 but that only made it possible for people to get onto the machine, not letting the machine get into the others machines on the network.

• Moved by Zoltán HorváthMVP Monday, November 19, 2012 12:00 PM (From:TechNet Wiki Discussion)
    Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• Try asking your question in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum, because you have chosen a wrong discussion forum for your question.

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by JustBang Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:21 AM