Multiple Sitemaps Submisions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am very new with Live Webmastering Tool, recently i am using google tools and there have ability to submit multiple sitemaps with different names. like sitemap.xml and topics.xml . but i have not seen any multiple choice submision tools in LIVE Webmaster tool. then could it possible to add multiple sitemaps in MSNLIVE Webmastering Tool ?

thank you
    Friday, May 15, 2009 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Intasar,

Our tool currently only allows one .xml (the tool only accepts xml sitemaps) sitemap at a time. I suggest submitting one index sitemap to us and adding sitemap links in your robots.txt file.

Cheers!

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, May 18, 2009 6:59 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Intasar,

Our tool currently only allows one .xml (the tool only accepts xml sitemaps) sitemap at a time. I suggest submitting one index sitemap to us and adding sitemap links in your robots.txt file.

Cheers!

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, May 18, 2009 6:59 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:59 PM
  • Hello Brett, Thank you for the quick responce and i will try this trick to submit all sitemaps links in robots.txt file. but please mention we are used php script forum then it's good and friendly with MSN Live ? but soon we will install SEO and convert all dynamic links into .html format. and how to submit RSS feed link in live search ? and what the permisions we set of robots.txt file 0777 OR 0775 ?

thank you
    • Edited by Intasar Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:37 AM some more question added
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:27 AM