none
What "Mark inappropriate" does mean ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i click on Browse Users, i see for each user, under his/her name, "Mark inappropriate" which should be clickable ( underlined ) but a click gives nothing

I know that it appeared with the last version of the forums ( in December 2008 for me )

Is it possible to have some explanations about this "mark" ? ( i am curious )

Thanks beforehand and have a nice day 
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:07 AM

Answers

• We're changing the label on this to say what it does "Block/Unblock Avatar"....should be live in a couple of weeks.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Papy Normand Monday, March 9, 2009 6:43 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2009 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

It's to indicate that the user name itself is in appropriate - for instance, a username that contains profanity.

Clicking should change "Mark inappropriate" to "unmark inappropriate", or something of the sort.
    Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:24 AM
  • Actually, it blanks the users avatar... It was originally intended to blank both user name and avatar, but I'm not sure it does this.

To be clear, this is only shown to moderators. Anybody who doesn't knwo what we're talking about, feel free to ignore... :)
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, March 2, 2009 12:12 AM
  • Ah, that explains why I could never see Martin Xie's avatar when visiting his profile.  Somebody clicked the "inappropriate" tag on his nick a long time ago.  Lord knows why.  Wow, the power.

Hans Passant.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:28 AM
  • We're changing the label on this to say what it does "Block/Unblock Avatar"....should be live in a couple of weeks.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Papy Normand Monday, March 9, 2009 6:43 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Hello Brent,

That is a very good idea to change the label to "Block/Unblock Avatar", it will be more meaningful.
    Thanks

Have a nice day
    Monday, March 9, 2009 6:42 AM