Computer validation issue RRS feed

• Question

•    I am using XP Pro  SP3  on a PCV-RS100 VAIO Sony computer.The problem I have is the OS disc will

validate with no problem but the computer itself will not react to the validation and as a result of

this there are many operational issues. I have been working on this for too many hours and now

i am very frustrated. I have tried every solution i can get my hands on with no success. I sure could

use some good advice pretty soon!!!

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:16 PM

Answers

• Download the tool on another computer and transfer it using a USB stick. - you can transfer the results back teh same way (save them in Notepad)

From what you say, it sounds as if you have a non-genuine install by a back-street refurb merchant.

If the COA sticker is not present (and on a refurb machine there should be two - one crossed out), then it's not licensed.

Also, I would back up all data to external media - it sounds as if the only real solution is going to be a clean install, if we can establish that your Key is actually genuine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

• Marked as answer by KHB40 Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:45 PM

All replies

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:28 PM
  •     When i click on the 2 given links i get the following "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context". This happens with many links.I have been using this disc for quite a long time and had it validated many times before.This all started when i did a reinstall trying to solve an update issue with .NET Framework.I did not find any information on the refurb pc COA sticker.I did find this information elsewhere.

Windows XP Pro (5.1,Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:26 PM
  • Download the tool on another computer and transfer it using a USB stick. - you can transfer the results back teh same way (save them in Notepad)

From what you say, it sounds as if you have a non-genuine install by a back-street refurb merchant.

If the COA sticker is not present (and on a refurb machine there should be two - one crossed out), then it's not licensed.

Also, I would back up all data to external media - it sounds as if the only real solution is going to be a clean install, if we can establish that your Key is actually genuine.

• Marked as answer by KHB40 Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:45 PM