none
Right to access my Microsoft exam results / "Broken" scoring for 70-467 (Business Intelligence)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I consider myself not the dumbest person on earth. I studied Computer Sciences and I am now working in an IT department, dealing with the Microsoft BI stack on a daily basis (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS). I am having approx 1,5 years experience with SQL Server 2008 R2. I have started my path to the MCSE BI certificate at the beginning of this year.

I have successfully passed the Microsoft exams 461, 462, 463 and 466 in the last four mounths. I have never failed any of these exams. However, I am really  struggling with exam 767 now. I have taken the exam today for the third time and I have failed it  with 602 points. I failed it the two times before with 620 and 588 points. My last preparation had almost no effect on today's results which I cannot understand. I implemented a complete Sharepoint testlab and tried out everything required for the exam.

I was very confident with the answers I gave today in the exam and I do not understand why these answers were not correct or resulted in an insufficient score.  I do not have any clues which of my answers were wrong or which answers Microsoft wanted to hear. Microsoft does not give me any chance to learn from my mistakes as I do not get any detailed information on what the right answers were and why these answers were correct.

I would like to ask you two questions:
    1) What were your experiences with exam 70-467? Could it be that at least some versions of this exam might be broken or that the answers were not up-to-date in my testlab? I found one posting describing similar experiences with this exam
    (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30bbb9ff-ac32-4e85-aa14-1f28b01b4882/dear-microsoft-could-070467-exam-scoring-be-broken?forum=CertGeneral)

2) Are there any known cases where exam takers got the chance by Microsoft to review their exam results in order to understand the reasons for their wrong answers? Who needs to be contacted at Microsoft in order to discuss exam results and/or exam answers? I know that the MIcrosoft policy states that this is not an option. However, I cannot understand and accept this policy statement. Any exam taker should be able to review his/her results in order to understand his/her errors and be able to improve.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Monday, August 31, 2015 1:59 PM

Answers