Crm 4.0 Workflow-Creating appointment after Phonecall RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a workflow to automatically create an appointment once a phone call is complete. I made a drop down list on the phonecall window called "Successful" and in the drop down list, I created a "Scheduled an appoinment" option.

I would like for when the phonecall is completed with the Successful = "Scheduled an appointment" for an appointment to be automatically created. 

Which entity should I go off of?  I tried Phonecall.. will attempt appointment now.

Thank you in advance!

-Anne

Friday, December 12, 2008 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Anne, you're welcome, I am glad it helped.

To address the other issue, go to Settings, Customization, Customize Entities and select the Appointment entity. 

Open Appointment and select Attributes

Open the schedulend and scheduledstart Attributes and set the Requirement Level to 'No Constraint' rather than Business Required. 

Publish your changes

This should allow you to publish your workflow without completing the date fields.  Just one thing to understand and that is that users will be able to create appointments without entering data into those two fields.

Have a good week.

Monday, December 15, 2008 5:28 PM

All replies

•  

Since the field you want to trigger the workflow is on the Phone Call activity, you will want to run the workflow on the Phone Call.  Try this

Create a workflow and check the box Record Attribute Changes and select your field Successful

Your first step should check the value of the 'Successful' field and if it equals the value you want, "Scheduled an Appointment", then the next step creates the Appointment. 

You can do this by adding a Create Step and then select Appointment from the drop down list.

Friday, December 12, 2008 11:42 PM
  •  

Hi Donna,

Thank you very much for your input.  I now understand and have created the workflow that I want.. just one more issue.. When I add step and " Create Record - Appointment" and set the properties, I would like the appointment Start Date and End Date to be blank, however the form will not save without those two fields mapped.  Is there a way around this?  Any other suggestions?

Thank you once again for your help!

-Anne

Monday, December 15, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Hi Anne, you're welcome, I am glad it helped.

To address the other issue, go to Settings, Customization, Customize Entities and select the Appointment entity. 

Open Appointment and select Attributes

Open the schedulend and scheduledstart Attributes and set the Requirement Level to 'No Constraint' rather than Business Required. 

Publish your changes

This should allow you to publish your workflow without completing the date fields.  Just one thing to understand and that is that users will be able to create appointments without entering data into those two fields.

Have a good week.

Monday, December 15, 2008 5:28 PM