Backup up home server to external USB drive, is this automatic? RRS feed

• Question

• I just added an external USB drive and configured it for being a backup drive.  I ran a manually backup on my Home Server and specifed the shares I wanted to be backed up to the external drive.

Do I have to run this backup every time I want those files copied to the external drive?  I would like for it to be done automatically so if I ever have to run from the house I can just grab the drive and be assured that the latest files (within 24 hours) are on there.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:44 AM

Answers

• Yes, it's a manual process for now.
    Bud - Alameda, CA
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:05 AM
  • Fasttimes said:

Anyone have a workaround solution for this?  Seems kinda lame to have to manually create a backup.

You can use another app such as RoboCopy or SyncToy and schedule it, but you can't schedule the backup tool that comes with Power Pack 1.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:29 PM

All replies

• Yes, it's a manual process for now.
    Bud - Alameda, CA
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:05 AM
  • Anyone have a workaround solution for this?  Seems kinda lame to have to manually create a backup.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:21 PM
  • Fasttimes said:

Anyone have a workaround solution for this?  Seems kinda lame to have to manually create a backup.

You can use another app such as RoboCopy or SyncToy and schedule it, but you can't schedule the backup tool that comes with Power Pack 1.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:29 PM