none
Is there any way to search CSS for a certain background color?

Question

• I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not. But I know a background color by using the pixie tool. I just don't know where the CSS Style sheet is for the button in question. Is there any way that I can do a search of CSS style sheets in a folder location with the background I know is defined to the button? In this case "#D4D0C8".

Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.

ITBobbyP85

• Moved by Caillen Friday, October 3, 2014 7:39 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ctrl-F?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:06 PM
  • No...Not how to "Find"...How to Search CSS files for my background color in a library?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Library? Can you elaborate your question?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:20 PM
  • Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:37 PM
  • You can download the css file in your code, and then search for the right class or id. BTW - your request seems strange. What is the scenario? Maybe there is a better solution.

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...

• Edited by Noam B Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:58 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:57 PM
  • If you are running in IE you can f12 and examine what style applies to a given control via the css tab of developer tools.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:29 PM
  • It's not Internet Explorer though...it's the text color within a button in Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013 and specifically within the "Preview" of a SSRS Report. Currently the button "View Report" has a white font on a gray background. Just not real nice to look at in Visual Studio and I was hoping for a quick fix in which I could alter the button contents on the "View Report" button.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:01 PM
  • You didn't feel mentioning that might just be relevant?

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Hello ITBobbyP85,

This is not the right forum for your question.

I'm going to move it to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 3, 2014 7:38 AM
  • Might try them over here.

SQL Server Reporting Services, Power View forum on MSDN

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:58 AM