none
Microsoft Exchange 2012R2 (Virtual) Exchange Server 2013 Installed Cumilitive Update 6 and installed failed RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the error code:

Error:
    The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
              $file = 'MSExchangeHMHost.exe.config';
              $fullPath = [System.IO.Path]::Combine([System.IO.Path]::Combine($RoleInstallPath, "bin"), $file);
              copy-item ($fullPath + ".template") $fullPath;
            " was run: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\bin\MSExchangeHMHost.exe.config' is denied.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.FileSystemProvider.CopyFileInfoItem(FileInfo file, String destinationPath, Boolean force)".

I unistalled symantec and gave permissions to Network Services in the "MSExchangeHMHost.exe.config"

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Sunday, November 8, 2015 8:09 PM Looking for the proper forum
    Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• And when i exit the failed installation the following services are unable to start:

Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller HostControllerService Stopped Automatic

Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging Call Router MSExchangeUMCR Stopped Automatic

Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Backend MSExchangeIMAP4BE Stopped Automatic

• Edited by Shaunzy2 Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:06 AM
    Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:06 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Sunday, November 8, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Exchange Server 2013 forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Sunday, November 8, 2015 8:09 PM