CRM Licensing : Is CRM capabilities driven by CRM platform/framework or is it compliance? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying with CRM online trial which gives you professional licenses to try with.

I read Microsoft CRM online licensing guide and understood that there are 4 types of license i.e Essential , Basic, Professional and Enterprise. I also understood that what functionality is associated with each of them.

My question is: If I change my license from Professional to Essential then will CRM automatically reduces functionality of CRM as per license capabilities or am I suppose to use CRM as per licensee guideline? i.e is it managed by CRM platform/framework (like security role) or I am suppose to define security roles as per license guideline to adhere to the licensee assigned to user.??

Appreciate your help!!

Regards, Suraj Fegade (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

• Edited by Suraj Fegade Thursday, September 1, 2016 11:55 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 11:51 AM

All replies

• My understanding is that you are supposed to manage you adherence to the licence rules. Though with CRM Online, access to other features that are based on license type and number of licenses such as Social Engagement, Marketing and additional disk space is controlled.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:00 PM
  • For CRM Online there is condition you must to purchase minimum 5 Professional user licence then you can add other type(Essential,Basic) of licence in CRM online.

Muhammad Sohail

Friday, September 9, 2016 3:31 PM