none
Powershell keeps running commands in new terminals. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Two things before I go into the issue

1. I am waaay more comfy in Bash then Powershell \ CMD
    2. Sorry if this is the wrong area of the forum, but couldn't find anywhere else that this would fit.

Anyway, I keep getting this issue where if I run certain commands, instead of running it in the terminal I'm working in, it'll spawn a new session, run the command, then terminate that session... Taking any output along with it. 

Right now, I'm going through a kubernetes \ docker tutorial for example. Running the following commands

kubectl version
    docker version
    minukube version

I see another window briefly open, which I initially thought was CMD, due to it's looks, before I see a flash of the output and then the window closes. Running commands that take time will result in the window opening and tailing said command, then once it errors or finish's, it closes, taking its output with it.

How do I stop this behaviour? The guides I am following show this commands running natively inside the expected terminal, not a new one.

Alistair Hardy

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:37 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:37 PM Break/fix problem on end user's machine (can't repro)
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:20 PM

All replies