CRM 4 Reports Login Failed RRS feed

• Question

• All:

I am trying to troubleshoot an error message that I am recieving with my CRM reports.  I am currently running CRM 4 update 5 on a sperate server, Reporting Services (SQL 2005 SP 3) on a sperate server and the CRM Databases on a seperate server (SQL 2005 SP 3).  I also have the SSRS Data Connector installed ont eh Rerpoting Services Server.   When I attempt to run a report from the client machine I recieve one of these 2 errors based on the datasource connection type. 

Microsoft CRM Data Extension:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM_MSCRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Value cannot be null. Parameter name: g

SQL:
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRMDEV_MSCRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
    The Connection String I am using is:
    Data Source=SQL03;Initial Catalog=CRM_MSCRM

The reports were working until I atempted to install Patch 5.  I se;ected "publish reports to all organizations" and ran into an error, my guess is an access denied error.

I have tired switching the data source conect using from "Windows Integrated Security" to "Credentials supplied by the user running the report".  And I am still getting an access denied error.

Am I missing something here?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:54 PM

Answers

• In addition to Blakel's comment -

You should not need to change the datasource - are you doing that in SSRS?  (e.g. http://ssrsserver/reports ) - unless the report is published for access outside of CRM, CRM manages the datasource.

Try deleting / re-uploading the report rdl file through CRM - when the report is uploaded, the datasource should be overwritten with the CRM internal datasource.

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Sounds like the double hop Kerberos error is still there.

Also sounds like data source that is used by reporting services is not set correctly on the reporting server
    So you have two servers.
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
    Open IE and go to http://Severname/reports.
    Look at the Org_Name_MSCRM and show the details.
    Click on the data source for CRM.
    User the connection string Connection string: "data source=Microsoft_CRM_SQL_SERVER_NAME;initial catalog=Organization_Name_MSCRM"
    Replace Microsoft_CRM_SQL_SERVER_NAME with the name of the computer that is running SQL Server and that contains the Microsoft CRM database. Replace Oganization_Name_MSCRM with the name of the actual database that is used. Remove the quotation marks

Hit apply.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems as though a glitch may have occurred in the install of update 5.  You may want to remove that update and see if this solves your problem.  If so then reinstall and this should correct the issue.  I have run into this before on Installing update rollups.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:33 PM
  • In addition to Blakel's comment -

You should not need to change the datasource - are you doing that in SSRS?  (e.g. http://ssrsserver/reports ) - unless the report is published for access outside of CRM, CRM manages the datasource.

Try deleting / re-uploading the report rdl file through CRM - when the report is uploaded, the datasource should be overwritten with the CRM internal datasource.

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Sounds like the double hop Kerberos error is still there.

Also sounds like data source that is used by reporting services is not set correctly on the reporting server
    So you have two servers.
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
    Open IE and go to http://Severname/reports.
    Look at the Org_Name_MSCRM and show the details.
    Click on the data source for CRM.
    User the connection string Connection string: "data source=Microsoft_CRM_SQL_SERVER_NAME;initial catalog=Organization_Name_MSCRM"
    Replace Microsoft_CRM_SQL_SERVER_NAME with the name of the computer that is running SQL Server and that contains the Microsoft CRM database. Replace Oganization_Name_MSCRM with the name of the actual database that is used. Remove the quotation marks

Hit apply.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:16 PM
  • Thanks for the responses.  I will try some of this out tonight.  As for the Kerberos double hop issue, I thought that the SSRS Connector managed the credentials for the reports as to where Kerberos was no longer needed.  I will let you guys know how this pans out. 
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:52 PM
  • It's suppose too.

But..........   It can still have problems in certain situations.

Sadly I've found them in the field.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:24 PM
  • An update on this.  Here are the items checked:

"Try deleting / re-uploading the report rdl file through CRM - when the report is uploaded, the datasource should be overwritten with the CRM internal datasource."

The 3 reports in quetion are custom reports created by our devleopers.  The reports were deleted, so was the Datasource, and then uploaded again.  The error persists.  The    devleoper told me that the report is a query to filtered tables. 

"It seems as though a glitch may have occurred in the install of update 5.  You may want to remove that update and see if this solves your problem."

I looked at add/remove programs, with the show updates box checked, and the latest CRM Rollup Patch installed is CRM Rollup patch 2.  Patch 5 is not listed.

The datasource connection string is as follows: 
    Data Source=INSSQL03;Initial Catalog=INSCRM_MSCRM
    • Edited by kgosnell Monday, November 16, 2009 5:38 PM Connection string add
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

Did you find an answer for this?

I'm facing the exact problem.

But first i moved the database and reporting services to another server. My reports were working after that.
    But after the SrsDataConnector installation, they started failing, giving me the very detailed error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: g

thx in advance

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 3:02 PM
  • That error often occurs when the SRS server is shared by more than one CRM deployment. The CRM Connector for SSRS can only manage the authentication for a single Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:40 PM
  • I have the double hop issue as well. We have CRM reports published for external use.

Our environment in SRSS Front End (Server1) + SRSS Database (server 2) + CRM Database (server 3)

I can run the report locally on server 1, however all other workstations I get this error.

Anyone find a fix for these issues??

• Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRMDEV_MSCRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
    The Connection String I am using is:
    Data Source=SQL03;Initial Catalog=CRM_MSCRM

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:53 PM