cannot install live onecare on windows vista ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm unable to install live onecare on my windows vista ultimate laptop. it tells me it wants the 32 bit version, or xp 32 bit version with sp2. the box doesn't say anything about 32 bit. i downloaded the trial version, but it's now expired. i really don't want to have to pay for this product again, since i've already paid for it once. can anyone help me solve this?

thanks!

Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:52 PM

Answers

• If there is still a subscribe link in OneCare, click it and activate your subscription by signing in with a LiveID and then selecting the option to activate with a retail PIN.

If you don't have a link to subscribe, reinstall from http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Activate Windows Live OneCare

Because Windows Live OneCare is a subscription-based service, we require users to use their Windows Live ID to activate their subscription. For more information about Windows Live ID, see Find Help for Windows Live ID.

If you downloaded OneCare from the Windows Live OneCare website, you must purchase a subscription before the trial period ends to continue to receive updates and to have access to all the features of OneCare.

If you purchased a retail version of OneCare, a one-year subscription is included in the software purchase price, but you still must activate it. We recommend that you activate OneCare as soon as you can.

Important

When you activate OneCare, you must use the same Windows Live ID that was used to install OneCare.

Windows Live OneCare website, you must purchase a subscription before the trial period ends to continue to receive updates and to have access to all the features of OneCare.

If you purchased a retail version of OneCare, a one-year subscription is included in the software purchase price, but you still must activate it. We recommend that you activate OneCare as soon as you can.

Important

When you activate OneCare, you must use the same Windows Live ID that was used to install OneCare.

To activate OneCare:
    1. Open OneCare, and then click Subscribe.
    2. If you have a Windows Live ID, click Yes, I have one, and then click Next.

–or–

If you don’t have a Windows Live ID, click No, I need one, and then click Next to create one.

3. In the OneCare Activation wizard, enter your Windows Live ID and password, and then click Sign in.
    4. Click Continue online, and then select one of the following:
      • Subscribe Now: Click this option if you downloaded and installed the 90-day trial version of OneCare and you want to purchase a subscription with a credit card.
      • Activate a token: Click this option if you purchased OneCare at a store. When prompted for the prepaid PIN, use the 25-character product key. The product key is listed on a sticker inside the OneCare box, on the back of the disc holder.
    5. After you've set up your account, in the OneCare Activation wizard, decide whether you want to make the computer a hub PC, and then click the appropriate option.
    6. Click Finish.
    Notes
    • If you choose to purchase a subscription, OneCare is automatically upgraded to the subscription version of the program as long as you have signed in with the same Windows Live ID that you used when you originally installed OneCare.
    • You must be logged on as an administrator to perform this action. For more information, see Log on as an administrator

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:25 AM