Domain problems when installing CRM30 Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there!

It's probably a simple thing but I am not able to resolve it myself. I am trying to install CRM Outlook Client but it doesn't find my CRM server. It has probably to do with domains. So I better explain how my system is setup.

The CRM server is installed on a hosted Windows 2003 server which is also the Domain Controller of the domain mydomain_local. I would like to install the Outlook client on my PC and let it connect via the Internet to my CRM server. The Outlook client installation program asks me for the domain but obviously when I enter mydomain_local it cannot find it since the Internet doesn't know about it.

I guess my PC needs to join the mydomain_local domain but I have no idea how to do it. Could you please confirm that I need to do this and instruct me how to do it?

Do I also have to change the configuration of the DNS on my PC? If yes what do I need to do?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Regards,

Dirk.

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:38 AM

All replies

• Dear Dirk,

For more see ms crm implementation Guide, you should have administrator rights.

I suggest check all services required and can you share me with diagnostic wizard setup.

I suggest run diagnostic wizard and see the domain.. you can setup domain and sub domain, mentioned in organization Unit.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:45 AM
  • Hi Imran!

Thanks for your answer. I am not in my office right now; that's why I can't look into the crm implementation guide. I will do that when I'm back.

But I think the problem is more fundamental and it has more to do with Windows and Active Directory than the CRM itself.

I think I need to tell my PC what / where the mydomain_local domain is. How can I make my PC a member of the mydomain_local domain having the domain controller somewhere else in the Internet? This will probably solve my problem but I just don't know how to do it. I don't have sound knowledge of administering Windows servers and Active Directories. It's probably very simple thing that I need to do.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Monday, April 7, 2008 9:03 AM