The Quick Find limit is exceeded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our CRM System encountered a problem with Quick Find View.

I know that if the number of record exceed 10.000 records this error is thrown, but it is not the case.

We have 600 record associated with this specific view so, it doesn't make any sense to recive this error.

Any ideea?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

• Do you only have 600 records in total for the entity?

Remember that Quick Find searches all records, according to the Quick Find filter criteria (typically all Active records, but not necessarily). It does not 'respect' the view you were looking at when you do the search

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

• Marked as answer by Bogdan Muresan Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:16 AM

All replies

• Do you only have 600 records in total for the entity?

Remember that Quick Find searches all records, according to the Quick Find filter criteria (typically all Active records, but not necessarily). It does not 'respect' the view you were looking at when you do the search

Hope this helps.
    UK CRM Guru Blog

• Marked as answer by Bogdan Muresan Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:16 AM
  • Thanks for answering.

You were right. Meanwhile I have found in the MS Dynamics documentation the explication:

Quick Find Just as in the web client, you can enter a search term in the Quick Find
    field to search for records. However, unlike the web client version of Quick Find, the
    Outlook client Quick Find only searches for records in the currently displayed view.
    The web client Quick Find searches for active records across the entire database.

Best Regards

Bogdan Muresan

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:54 PM
  • Just for reference, that documentation is out of date too.

A later rollup changed the Outlook behaviour so that it works like the web client. Neither will search the current view, both always search all records.

Hope this helps.
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:19 PM
  • I have to say that when I have said Quick Find I was referring to Quick Find from a Look up field.
    It works in the same manner?

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Yes.

Hope this helps.
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Thanks for your answers.
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:40 PM