Mobile Client to WCF Service Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to sync a mobile client to a SQL server database and have followed (mostly) the following web cast provided by Liam Cavanagh : http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/7/3/6730f0e7-a649-4656-96ab-150c7501a583/IntroToSyncServicesADODetNet_HighQuality.wmv.

The only place that I have moved from the demo is that as well as moving the server components into the WCF project, I have also moved the client components into a mobile client project (the only way I could see to get the correct sync components as you can't add a local server cache to a mobile project).

The problem I have is that I get a rather helpful "ArgumentException" when I attempt to sync from the mobile client.  It gives me nothing else.  Anyone know if there are any gotchas around this area or anyway that I could get more information?  I've done the following:
        * Checked that the WCF service is hosted in IIS (I published after I first saw this issue).
        * Tried both in debug (Visual Studio running as administrator) over Active Sync and wireless not connected to Visual Studio.

Extra information is that the mobile client is WM 6.1 and my desktop is Windows 7.  I've tried using both the RC and RTM versions.

I'm stumped and cannot find any direction on this.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• could you check this post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/uklaunch2007ado.net/thread/8698a0ce-25a4-4ac7-a4fb-c9f2492010dc 

to see if this helps ?

thanks
    yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:09 AM
  • Thanks Yunwen, as always I've been dragged onto something else but will try it when I'm back on the work.  It may be worth noting on your other thread that you appear to get more exception information if you try to connect to the same WCF service from a desktop client and that this may be the way to develop.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:13 AM
  • that is true. firstly I would suggest to ensure the WCF service works fine on desktop and then move to client after changing some specific confiuraions such as the bindings.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:01 PM