CRM2011 Solution Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Weird!

I have a unmanaged solution of changes to contact entity, default publisher.  When I export the solution and import into another environment, when I do so on a desktop machine, I get an error at the first hurdle: "The solution file is invalid.  The compressed file must contain...etc."

But when I go onto the web server itself, using the same solution import file it works.

I am using the same login, same IE version, same solution file.

Anyone else come across this, and how it was fixed?  

On UR11

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:05 AM

Answers

• Found more info on this.  Keeping the solution export file zip on a server but importing from desktop machine works.

The only difference I can see is that one has been converted to 32 bit (doesn't work) while the other is 64bit (works) 

• Marked as answer by TKan 123 Monday, September 23, 2013 11:04 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 11:04 PM

All replies

• If you right click the file on your desktop and click Properties, is there an option to 'unblock' the file?

If so you'll need to unblock it before importing.

This is sometimes an issue with plugin DLL's, so it's possible the same thing is happening with your solution zip file.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:15 AM
  • Hi Paul , no such option I can see, I have Windows XP on desktop PC.

I thought maybe it is an IE version thing, but I copied onto another server on the network with identical IE to the one that works.  Again it doesn't import, same error.

So the only place where the solution will import is on the CRM web server itself.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:54 AM
    • Edited by Kalim Khan Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Hi Kalim, thanks but that is not my issue.  I haven't modified the solution zip file at all: it is straight from CRM export. The files do contain all the required xml files.  
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:56 AM
  • Found more info on this.  Keeping the solution export file zip on a server but importing from desktop machine works.

The only difference I can see is that one has been converted to 32 bit (doesn't work) while the other is 64bit (works) 

• Marked as answer by TKan 123 Monday, September 23, 2013 11:04 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 11:04 PM