Tune-Up Needs Options!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been using OneCare since it's first release in 2006, and have loved it... until this week. I honestly don't know how i've managed to not be bothered by this until now. OneCare allows you to turn on and off the backup option, and firewall options and virus/spyware monitoring options and exceptions; but you can't turn off or really customize exceptions or anything for the Tune-Up feature. I could tell you guys how it should look if you want and you just make it, ok? Wink I still love OneCare and will still use it probably, but we need more user control/customization.

TrentLeigh
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:12 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback. There are many, myself included, who agree that options for Tune-up are sorely needed.

-steve

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:56 PM
  • I'm into hour 28 of Tune-Up and I'm only at 42% Virus scan?
    I agree 100%,  maybe a little more user friendly? and give the user the option to click which volumes they want to virus scan.

This is ridiculous!

Friday, September 7, 2007 9:55 PM
  • You can select what the scan - that is you can exclude folders and partitions. Open OneCare, select change settings, Antivirus tab, Exclusions button, add folder. Browse to each folder or Drive letter you wish to exclude from scanning and click add.

-steve

Saturday, September 8, 2007 1:35 AM
  • Looking for a PAUSE button ...... REALLY needed in Tune Up.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:42 PM
  • Hi Lads, Ladies

Wish they had some indicator on display, or gave us some idea how long the TUNE would take!!!!

If this had of been a mechanic I would have sacked him

One annoyed person

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:08 PM
  •  redstriker wrote:

Hi Lads, Ladies

Wish they had some indicator on display, or gave us some idea how long the TUNE would take!!!!

If this had of been a mechanic I would have sacked him

One annoyed person

I'm sorry you're annoyed. I'd like to see this, too, but realize that any progress indicator and estimate of time remaining would be inaccurate and might even impact performance, depending on how often the progress was updated. When a tune-up is running, you can click on the icon to bring up a more detailed display of status of the current operation, but it doesn't tell you a time remaining number at all.

-steve

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:29 PM
  • The good news is that it only wastes 15 minutes defragmenting. :-)

-steve

Friday, September 21, 2007 4:43 PM