Office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have never ad a problem with office until now when I try to validate it. I can not recieve updates and whn validatin it states that it is not valid and says that it is blocked.

Validation Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2

OGA version: Registerd, 1.6.20.0

Signed By: Micosoft

Diagnostic: blank

need help I use this program for college. Hurry

Monday, February 12, 2007 9:36 AM

Answers

•  cookiecutter1167 wrote:

I have never ad a problem with office until now when I try to validate it. I can not recieve updates and whn validatin it states that it is not valid and says that it is blocked.

Hi CookieCutter,

Unfortunately you will not be able to pass Office validation with your current Office installation.  The product key used to install Office on the PC is a volume license key that has been blocked by Microsoft at the request of the legal key (license) holder.  The company that this VLK is assigned to located in the greater Seattle, Washington area. 

Where did you purchase your copy of Office?  Do you have another product key you can use? 

Thanks,
    Michelle

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:54 AM

Michelle,

Ipurchased the computer with office installed on it. I purchased the computer from a company that buys used computer from Dell and the company has the disk to install the programs before they sell them. I purchase the computer in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the company is no longer in business. I uses this computer to do my school work and it is impossible to do my school work without it. I do not have another product key to use at this time and can not puchase another.

Cookiecutte1167

Hi CookieCutter1167,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that the company you initially purchased your refurbished PC (Dell) from is no longer in business.  What I would suggest in this case is that your file a piracy report with Microsoft.  Tell them as much information about the company in question as possible.  The MS anti-piracy legal team does follow up on reported cases.  Hopefully this will help prevent this from happening to other people in the future.

1) You can report piracy to MS here:  http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx

2)  Also, from the web page where it outlines the reason you failed validation, it provides the addtional 'steps you can take' or 'options' that are available for getting genuine Office software.  You can qualify for a complimentary copy, but in order to qualify you do the need counterfeit Office media.

3)  Another option is to buy a legal copy of Office.  They do sell a Home and Student version which is significantly less expensive than many of the other Office suites.  You can also download a trial version of Office:  http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?culture=en-US

These are the main options I see available to you at this time.  Until you figure out which route you are going to take, you will be able to continue to use your existing Office product.  You will not be able to download templates or add-in's though.

Thanks and good luck,
    Michelle

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:38 PM

All replies

• I want download office 2003
    Monday, February 12, 2007 11:44 AM
  •  aladdin hassen salama wrote:
    I want download office 2003
    Monday, February 12, 2007 11:46 AM

I have never ad a problem with office until now when I try to validate it. I can not recieve updates and whn validatin it states that it is not valid and says that it is blocked.

Hi CookieCutter,

Unfortunately you will not be able to pass Office validation with your current Office installation.  The product key used to install Office on the PC is a volume license key that has been blocked by Microsoft at the request of the legal key (license) holder.  The company that this VLK is assigned to located in the greater Seattle, Washington area. 

Where did you purchase your copy of Office?  Do you have another product key you can use? 

Thanks,
    Michelle

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:54 AM
  • Michelle,

Ipurchased the computer with office installed on it. I purchased the computer from a company that buys used computer from Dell and the company has the disk to install the programs before they sell them. I purchase the computer in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the company is no longer in business. I uses this computer to do my school work and it is impossible to do my school work without it. I do not have another product key to use at this time and can not puchase another.

Cookiecutte1167

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:18 AM

Michelle,

Cookiecutte1167

Hi CookieCutter1167,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that the company you initially purchased your refurbished PC (Dell) from is no longer in business.  What I would suggest in this case is that your file a piracy report with Microsoft.  Tell them as much information about the company in question as possible.  The MS anti-piracy legal team does follow up on reported cases.  Hopefully this will help prevent this from happening to other people in the future.

1) You can report piracy to MS here:  http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx

2)  Also, from the web page where it outlines the reason you failed validation, it provides the addtional 'steps you can take' or 'options' that are available for getting genuine Office software.  You can qualify for a complimentary copy, but in order to qualify you do the need counterfeit Office media.

3)  Another option is to buy a legal copy of Office.  They do sell a Home and Student version which is significantly less expensive than many of the other Office suites.  You can also download a trial version of Office:  http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?culture=en-US

These are the main options I see available to you at this time.  Until you figure out which route you are going to take, you will be able to continue to use your existing Office product.  You will not be able to download templates or add-in's though.

Thanks and good luck,
    Michelle

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:38 PM