none
power monitor for Windows 8.1 OS

Question

• I have a few Linx 10 tablets running Windows 8.1 that I'm using for a specific task for my company. This task requires the tablets to stay on 24/7 plugged in AC mains. Some of the tablets are working absolutely fine but the others have been switching off quite regularly. After having tested everything I could think of e.g. power settings, Registry keys (disabling connected standby for instance), I have come to a conclusion that this might be caused by the difference in the amount of power running through the chargers from the mains into the tablets. The tablets are mounted on to the wall and because the power outlet is a few meters away from the location of the tablets, we had to use extended power cables to charge the tablets, so not using the original chargers. 

As such, i have been searching for an application that monitors the amount of power that goes into the tablets? I have used the command line powercfg/batteryreport, however this doesn't give me the information I need. Is anyone in here aware of an app that monitors power on Windows 8 OS?

Many Thanks.  

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:39 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• while waiting for more useful responses - have you tried to swap the tablets  so that these that behave well connect to chargers of these that switch off, and v.v.

Also, since these tablets have 5V power supply, you can use cheap volt-ampermeters for  USB, like this.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016 12:20 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Pavel. Yes i have tried swapping the tablets. The Ones that are wsitching off are switching off everywhere. Which is very bizarre considering i'm using the same image, same software etc.  
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 4:50 PM
  • These tablets actually can be assembled from different parts (power modules, batteries ...) even if they look same outside.

-- pa

Wednesday, March 09, 2016 5:29 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:38 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:39 PM