locked
Customer and Resources Field Disabled RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi.

    i upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 succesful. But i open new Service Activity all fields are enabled but Customers And Resources disabled. i am Administrator role and no javascript code in Service Activity. if i write crmForm.all.resources.Disabled = false; to
    onLoad event Service Activity, CRM give me a error me permission is not enough.

    Please Help
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:02 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Odd, never have i seen this before (You have no customizations what so ever on the service activity entity?). I would check that all the roles are in tact. If nothing else works out try the following:

    1. Build a new test server
    2. Backup current DB's in SQL Managment Studio.
    3. Restore the backup DB's on the new server.
    4. Run a install using the DB you just restored with the option 'use existing database'

     

    Sunday, November 9, 2008 11:26 AM
  • Same problem here. Please advise!!

     

    Regards

    Sunday, November 9, 2008 10:01 PM
  • Why we check security roles. i am System Administrator. but Security roles  using for ENTITY, NOT FIELD!!!! This is a big issue but Microsoft not help me!
    Monday, November 10, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Had found this KB, seems to be my problem. Will have to redeploy the upgrade.

     

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947982/

     

    Regards

    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:39 AM
  • Thanks for your reply    Sebastián.Graña . Thanks ,thanks

    i think this is a information but how to fix this problem.

    To verify that you are experiencing the problem in the "Symptoms" section, follow these steps:
    1. Locate the Attribute GUID value and the Entity GUID value. To do this, start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Customize Entities.
    2. Double-click the entity that contains the inactive attribute.
    3. Double-click Attributes.
    4. Double-click the attribute that is inactive.
    5. Press F11 to receive the QueryString URL address. The URL address will resemble the following:
    http://<crmurl>/<organization>/Tools/SystemCustomization/Attributes/manageAttribute.aspx?attributeId={DC576E7F-8A5C-4AB0-90D9-573773931AAA}&entityId={95ae88b3-cc0c-45ac-a2db-655dceec238b}

    6. Copy the AttributeID GUID value and the EntityID GUID value to Notepad.
    7. Start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, expand Databases, and then click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Organization_MSCRM database.
    8. Click New Query.
    9. Copy the following SQL statement.

    Note You must replace the GUID values in the SQL statement with the GUID values in step 5.
    Select * from attributeLookupValue where attributeId in
    (Select attributeID from attribute where attributeId='DC576E7F-8A5C-4AB0-90D9-573773931AAA'
    and entityid = '95ae88b3-cc0c-45ac-a2db-655dceec238b')
    10. Click Execute.

    The results should display unique EntityIds values for each AttributeLookupValueId value. Duplicate EntityIds values in this table will cause the lookup attributes to appear inactive.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 11:37 AM
  • This procedure gave me two duplicate entity IDs, 8 and 4000.

     

    These fixes can only be applied at install time, so I think you should re-install or re-upgrade.

     

    Regards

    Monday, November 10, 2008 11:46 AM