none
SyncToy logging and file omission RRS feed

• Question

• Using a combination of BAT and VBS files I have set up a number of tasks in Task Scheduler to run routine Sync's of various folders, with Task Scheduler reporting if the Sync was successul or not.  These are working well, but I have two problems.

1) The output from each Synctoy run is sent to a log file via (DOS redirect), however for one of the Sync's the log file is in a folder that is being Sync'ed and therefore causes SyncToy to report a failure as the (log) file is open.  I cannot exclude this file in SyncToy as the filename changes for each run (the log file name is compiled from the folder and the run date/time).  I could, though, exclude this at run time via a command line parameter.  Is it possible to do this, either using the file name explicitly in the command line, or via an exclusion file as can be done when running WinRAR in batch mode?

2) When running SyncToy in batch mode, even with Verbose logging turned on, the output (captured via DOS redirect) is summary, rather than verbose.  Is it possible to switch Synctoy to produce verbose output (direct as well as to log file), or to direct verbose output to a separate log file?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:27 PM