none
Unable to access to MCT download Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have applied and got my Key code. I login and input my microsoft partner ID, key code and passport sing-in, it prompts me with an error

The Learning Download Electronic Curriculum site has encountered an error and cannot proceed with your page request. Please contact Customer Support for assistance quoting the Support Code RPS03.

I contacted searesc@microsoft.com for more than 1 week but they did not get back to me. Disappointed, I want to cancel this MCT. Is it possible for me to get back my money?

Monday, July 18, 2011 3:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In addition to what Jeff stated (you should check your MCT status in the link Jeff provided) i can add the following:

If you have a partner ID for the company you work for you should be associated with your MC ID (prev. MCP ID - the number on your transcript and walletcard). If your MCID is not associated with your company you won't be able to sign in as well. If your MCT status is approved you should be able to sign in with your own credentials (MC ID). If you are associated with your companies partner id it might also be possible that the status of your company isn't updated to approved for this year yet.

So to be a bit more confusing there can be a few options that might bug you here. The quickest way to resolve this is by calling the Regional Service Center and ask them about your status. If you mail them (also possible) you might have to wait a day or two to get a reply. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

Maurice
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Can you please confirm whether you are trying to access the download center as a MCT or a Microsoft Partner as these two programs are completely different.

If you are trying to access it as a MCT, you need to use your MC ID (previously MCP ID) and the Access Code

If you are trying to access it as a Microsoft Partner, your organisation must have earned the Learning Competency before you can gain access to the download site.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, July 18, 2011 4:03 AM
  • I have the same problem to access the MCT Download Center !

I tried with my MCP ID and my keycode, and the same error occured. Is it linked to our Microsoft Partner status ?

On the page, I tried a new application with my MCP ID and the keycode but nothing changed.

I've contacted Microsoft and I'm waiting for an anwser.

Good luck

Administrateur Wikikou.fr | MVP Windows Live Messenger | MCTS | MCITP | MCPD | Microsoft Campus Lab Manager (SUPINFO)

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:25 PM

All replies

• Can you please confirm whether you are trying to access the download center as a MCT or a Microsoft Partner as these two programs are completely different.

If you are trying to access it as a MCT, you need to use your MC ID (previously MCP ID) and the Access Code

If you are trying to access it as a Microsoft Partner, your organisation must have earned the Learning Competency before you can gain access to the download site.

Jeff Wharton

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, July 18, 2011 4:03 AM
  • The whole process seems very complicated to me. But I try to recall as much as I can here

When the application is approved, I call in RES for key code. I think I choose my ID to be associate as Microsoft Partner. When everything is done, I login to the mct download centre. I can see one option as MSCP and the other option as "add new enrollment".

When I try the MSCP, there is an error.

When I try "add new enrollment", the same error occured.

So how do I make changes to the setting?

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:18 AM
  • When what application was approved?  Your MCT application or a Microsoft Certified Partner application?

WHat do you mean by your ID?  Do you mean your MCT ID or your Microsoft Certified Partner ID?

Jeff Wharton

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:22 AM
  • This is the one that I apply

"MCT 2011 Subscr Direct Revnu Only New Feature"

The ID is refered to "Your Parnter ID"

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:35 AM
  • You have applied to become a MCT however you have used your Microsoft Certified Partner ID.  You cannot use your Microsoft Certified Partner ID to become a MCT.  They are two completely different programs.  You must use your MC ID (previously called MCP ID).

MCT's are people who want to train others in Microsoft Technologies and people who have gained certification in Microsoft Technologies.  Please have a read of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx

Microsoft Certified Partners are independent companies that can provide you with the highest levels of technical expertise, strategic thinking, and hands-on skills. Microsoft Certified Partners encompass a broad range of expertise and vendor affiliations and their real world perspective can help you prioritize and effectively deliver your technology solutions. Please have a read of http://www.microsoft.com/hk/certpartner/default.mspx

The fact that there is no MCT option for you to select on MCT Download Center means that your MCT application was either rejected or it hasn't been processed yet.  If you login to the MCP site (https://mcp.microsoft.com/) and click on the MCT Enrollment Tool link, you can check what's happening with your MCT Application. 

Jeff Wharton

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:00 AM
  • The ID was refered to the ID I got from MCP certification. Can that be wrong?
    Monday, July 18, 2011 7:35 AM
  • This is the one that I apply

"MCT 2011 Subscr Direct Revnu Only New Feature"

The ID is refered to "Your Parnter ID"

Here you state it's your Partner ID.  So which is it?  Your MCP ID or a Microsoft Partner ID.

Did you check the link I provided to see whether your MCT application has been processed?

Jeff Wharton

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to what Jeff stated (you should check your MCT status in the link Jeff provided) i can add the following:

If you have a partner ID for the company you work for you should be associated with your MC ID (prev. MCP ID - the number on your transcript and walletcard). If your MCID is not associated with your company you won't be able to sign in as well. If your MCT status is approved you should be able to sign in with your own credentials (MC ID). If you are associated with your companies partner id it might also be possible that the status of your company isn't updated to approved for this year yet.

So to be a bit more confusing there can be a few options that might bug you here. The quickest way to resolve this is by calling the Regional Service Center and ask them about your status. If you mail them (also possible) you might have to wait a day or two to get a reply. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

Maurice
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:45 PM
  • I have the same problem to access the MCT Download Center !

I tried with my MCP ID and my keycode, and the same error occured. Is it linked to our Microsoft Partner status ?

On the page, I tried a new application with my MCP ID and the keycode but nothing changed.

I've contacted Microsoft and I'm waiting for an anwser.

Good luck

Administrateur Wikikou.fr | MVP Windows Live Messenger | MCTS | MCITP | MCPD | Microsoft Campus Lab Manager (SUPINFO)

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Hi

I did call them for almost 2 weeks and nothing has been done.

How to check if my MCT status is approved? I got this email

Congratulations! On behalf of Microsoft, we are happy to welcome you to the Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) Program.

And Jeff, I cant access to the MCT Enrollment Tool link.

Everything seems to be contradicting.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:44 AM
  • What links are you trying to use to gain access to the MCP and MCT sites?

How did you enroll as a MCT if you can't access the enrollment tool?

Have you read the information here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-program-membership.aspx

Have you tried this https://mcp.microsoft.com/Authenticate/ResetAccessCode/ResetAccessCode.aspx

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Having the same issue. As crude as the old site was it just worked - for years.  Why is this stuff not simply linked to my account? What a joke of a CRM system Microsoft has cobbled together for the MCTs.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Having the same issue. As crude as the old site was it just worked - for years.  Why is this stuff not simply linked to my account? What a joke of a CRM system Microsoft has cobbled together for the MCTs.

Why is what stuff not linked to your account?

I have been a MCT for 9 years and have had no problems whatsoever with the old or new site.

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:33 PM
  • I am facing the same issue. I am approved as a MCT (Not associated with any Microsoft Partner) and received key code from microsoft but when i entered my MC Id along with this code and passport id (hotmail account) it gives me the following error.

The Learning Download Electronic Curriculum site has encountered an error and cannot proceed with your page request.

Please contact Customer Support for assistance quoting the Support Code RPS03.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:29 PM
  • I have same issue. MCT, not associated with partner. I've got access code in email with subject "Please do not delete – Important Microsoft Courseware access informatio​n enclosed".

It returns same error "Please contact Customer Support for assistance quoting the Support Code RPS03."

I will contact RSC for assistance.

MCSA 2000, MCSA 2003, MCTS
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:23 AM
  • Any solution from RSC?
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:46 AM
  • No solution yet. The only response from emeamcp@msdirectservices.com is that my request was forwarded to technicians. Two days passed with no result.

Friday, July 29, 2011 8:38 AM
  • I received the same response. And now waiting since last two days for solution.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Today's response - error is global-wide. We all should wait.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Thanks Michael for updating me. I didn't receive any response yet from RSC. Please update me when you receive solution of this problem.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Thanks Michael for updating me. I didn't receive any response yet from RSC. Please update me when you receive solution of this problem.

I have no additional response from RSC, but issue was resolved today, now I can access MCT download.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:06 PM