Not valid?!?!?! RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I'm sure this wont be the first time this question has been raised but:

Everytime i try to validate my NEW and most definatley genuine copy of xp home edition i am told that my product key has been used too many times.

I know that  this copy has been used only once before on my mothers computer

and to be quite honest for fity+ quid I'd expect to be able to use it without a problem on ATLEAST two computers.

I now have 23 days left to activate and quite frankley I'm far from willing to fork out  any extra money for a new productkey/licence or whatever

So any advice you could give would be fantastic.

thankyou.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:58 PM

Answers

• Me....me,

Windows XP Home Edition is licensed for use on one computer and ONLY one computer at a time.  If you have a retail license, it can be moved from one computer to another.  If you have an OEM license, it can only be used on the computer onto which it is first installed and is not permitted to be moved to any other computer.

In order to read the End User Licensing Agreement, click Start>Run, type winver and then click OK.  In the resultant window, click on the link to display the EULA.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:49 AM