Problems Setting Email Router CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi Folks,

I'm having some probems getting the Email Router in CRM 4.0 properly configured which I hope someone might be able to assist with.

First some information about my environment.

I'm running CRM 4.0 64bit on Server 2008. I also have the Email router installed this machine.

I have another box running Exchange 2003 which has "Anonymous access" checked.

I have followed the setup instructions for "Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Exchange 2003 are installed on different computers in the same domain" as described at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939402 

Useing the Email Router Config Manager I'm able to Load Data from the Users, Queues, and Forward Mailboxes tab.

However when I test access for any of the users I get the following messages.

Name: Incoming Support Emails

Incoming Status: Failure - The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Server: CRMComputer

Outgoing Status: Failure - An error occurred while checking the connection to e-mail server CRMComputer. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Thanks,
    Adam

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:32 PM

Answers

•  The outgoing status error suggests that you have entered the CRM server name as the outgoing SMTP server instead of the Exchange server.

For incoming e-mails the Email router uses WebDav and access e-mails in much the same way as Outlook Web Access.  Are you using web proxies on your network - if so, perhaps the issue lies there?

• Marked as answer by Agilbert2003 Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:10 AM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:56 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:31 PM
  •  No it doesn't

Thanks but the video relates to Pop 3, whereas I'm running Exchange.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:35 AM
  • The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Installation and Deployment certification manual has a really good chapter 4 on understanding, configuring and setting up the e-mail router that might be helpful.

Anne
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:25 PM
  •  The outgoing status error suggests that you have entered the CRM server name as the outgoing SMTP server instead of the Exchange server.

For incoming e-mails the Email router uses WebDav and access e-mails in much the same way as Outlook Web Access.  Are you using web proxies on your network - if so, perhaps the issue lies there?

• Marked as answer by Agilbert2003 Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:10 AM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Thanks Feriduan,

That has partly resolved the issue. I can now send successfully now. However I still have the problem with incoming messages.

We do have a proxy for internet browsing. However authentication has been disabled on our exchange server.

Our mail server is behind our firewall.

Port 25 traffic is first forwarded to a machine running Modusgate are anti spam app.  Mail once filtered is then forwarded on to our Exchange box.

Also messages generated in CRM list the users email address as the sender not the users name e.g. bgates@mycompany.com instead of Bill Gates.

Thanks

Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:16 AM