Find database details RRS feed

• Question

• How can we find the database details of an existing instance of CRM? i.e. Name of server, name of database, etc.

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:52 PM

Answers

•  

Use the CRM deployment manager on the CRM server.

In Deployment Manager there is a node called Server manager under which you will see a list of CRM servers (probably only one server). On the server, right-click and there is an option Configure SQL-server. If you follow that through it will show you the currently configured SQL server and database names.

You can find out other bits of info as well in Deployment Manager.

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:14 PM

All replies

• Is your deployment CRM 3.0?

If so, open your deployment manager and then right click the server manage object to see your SQL server that is being used.

As for more details you are going to have to look in Enterprise manager or Studio for more details about the tables.

But you can also do the different databases when you create a report in Visual Studio and choose the CRM Organization database and then you can see the tables and views that are within the "Company Database".

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:11 PM
  •  

Use the CRM deployment manager on the CRM server.

In Deployment Manager there is a node called Server manager under which you will see a list of CRM servers (probably only one server). On the server, right-click and there is an option Configure SQL-server. If you follow that through it will show you the currently configured SQL server and database names.

You can find out other bits of info as well in Deployment Manager.

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Thank you all for the inputs. I got what I need!!

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:43 PM