none
Windows HPC R2 - Uncanceled jobs. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all , 

After upgrading our WinHPC to R2 version  - when someone submit a job with the incorrect credentials - its create job with running state and queued tasks , 

When I cancel that job - it  has the message : "The job has been canceled"  but it still on running state .

We are using jobs that containing parametric sweep tasks that are being submitted by our client software (using WinHPC 2008 .net Api (not R2)) .

How can I remove those jobs or stop getting them ?  

Regards , 

Shai.

Monday, January 10, 2011 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To restart Job Scheduler service you can run the following commands from the commandline:

net stop hpcscheduler
    net start hpcscheduler

I recommend upgrading Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 with recently released service pack (3.1.3267). Please let me know, if the problem still exists after patching.

Thank you,
    Łukasz

• Marked as answer by Shay_Segev Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it R2 SP1?

What do you mean by incorrect credentials? Is it just invalid username/password?

Will the job, which you are canceling, be still running when you restart HpcScheduler service?

Thanks,
    Łukasz

Monday, January 10, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Hi , 

Incorrect credentials =  invalid username , when I check the job properties at Job Manager  -  the job has correct "Owner" and empty "Run As User" .

My server version - 3.0.2369.0  , Windows Version : 6.1.7600 . 

Can you tell me how do I restart HpcScheduler service ? 

Regards ,

Shai.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

To restart Job Scheduler service you can run the following commands from the commandline:

net stop hpcscheduler
    net start hpcscheduler

I recommend upgrading Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 with recently released service pack (3.1.3267). Please let me know, if the problem still exists after patching.

Thank you,
    Łukasz

• Marked as answer by Shay_Segev Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Hi , 

After upgrading to SP1 - the problem solved .

Thanks, 

Shai .

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:18 AM