none
Need Help with Scheduled Tasks in Server 2003 Standard SP2

Question

• First, apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this question. If it is not, please point me to the correct one...

So here is the setup:

Running Server '03 Std SP2

Have Scheduled Tasks to run a time punch collection/upload 4x daily.

Currently these tasks (they are separate currently, however I have attempted one task with multiple schedules also) are set to run with a AD DS user account created for this purpose.

The task is allowed to run even if user account is not logged on.

Once set, the credentials seemingly are good for only one instance of the task, once it runs the first time, it will not run again unless I re-enter the password.

Can anyone lend insight as to why this may be the case?  I am having to manually remote into the server which runs this task several times daily for our HR/Payroll dept, and this is rather inconvenient...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, December 28, 2015 8:29 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, December 28, 2015 8:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:28 PM
  • Hello,

Windows Server forums are over here:

Windows Server

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:28 PM
  • Ok, thanks.

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:32 PM