none
C++ on a network resource that is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Basially title. Whenever trying to access certain apps or even games I get an error message for Visual C++ 2017 saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." 

From what I understand I need to delete the old version of C++ and redownload from microsofts website. However when I try and delete it it tells me something along the lines of "I dont have permission" to delete it.

I have had this issue and was sent here from the base forums. It's effecting things ranging from games to my driver software. Please help with how to fix or any questions you need me to answer! Thank you.

• Moved by Baron Bi Monday, July 9, 2018 8:36 AM Not about c++ code issue
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 12:05 AM

All replies

• Please try the Answers forum.

Sunday, July 1, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Please no I have been through this loop before. I have searched the community page and there is nothing that covers the particular part of my issue, I then posed my own question and was directed here. 
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 6:28 PM
  • You have posted your issue in a forum for software developers that have questions about programming with the C++ language and related development tools.  This forum is not for support of end users that have problems with games, apps or general system configuration issues. Sorry to disappoint you, but those are the facts.

Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:33 PM
  • Hello, Im having an issue with  Visual C++ 2017. When I try to start certain programs I get a pop up telling me it is on a network resource that is unavailable. I figured deleting and reinstalling would do the trick but I deleted what I thought were the files and was later told that "The old C++ 2017 cannot be uninstalled" or something along those lines. 

I am not sure if I am missing something here but this is beyond my computer knowledge at this point and the issue has been effecting me for months. For background it began when trying to launch a game and has now started happening when launching things like my driver software which I obviously need to get into. 

I have scoured the internet, went to microsoft forums, and was directed here please don't tell me to check the forums again. Nothing there has helped.

Please, please help me. I can answer any questions you may need, or if you know where I can go to get this sorted out that would be much appreciated. I am really stumped here and no one has had any idea what to do yet.

• Merged by Baron Bi Wednesday, July 4, 2018 8:37 AM duplicated case
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:35 PM
  • Off-topic post that is a duplicate of https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/362299a2-b801-460d-989b-5e727a0d3fa6/c-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailable?forum=vclanguage

Please don't spam the forum with repetitive, off-topic requests.

Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:40 PM
  • Alright cool, I have no idea about this place and was sent here twice by people on the other forums. Those are the facts I have for you. I'd love to hop off your forum if you could just point me in the direction you think I belong because I didn't mean to piss anyone off, although I appreciate the attitude!
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:30 PM
  • Hey! I didn't know it was off topic as I was directed here from the microsoft forums by two different people. If you know where  Ishould be please fill me in, i'd love to get off of your forum if you know where I should be if it isn't here.
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:33 PM
  • The answers.microsoft.com forums are the appropriate place.  I suspect that your mention of Visual C++ 2017 in your post is the trigger that results in suggestions to post here.  You might be able to avoid further run-around by making it clear that you are an end-user and are not asking a software development question.  I hope you find the assistance you need.

Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:41 PM
  • You should provide links to the other threads that directed you here.

You should provide a snippet of your code, just the part(s) relevant to this problem. If there is not source code related to the problem then it is not a developer question.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, July 1, 2018 10:56 PM
  • I have had this issue and was sent here from the base forums.

Please provide links to the other thread(s).

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:37 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development issues. For your case, I suggest you follow others suggestions to post on answer team or vs general team. There could be better support for you.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Baron Bi Monday, July 2, 2018 6:20 AM
    Monday, July 2, 2018 6:18 AM