Is there a problem in indexing? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

My site  www.tyneshop.com is a shopping website for over thousands of products based on zencart/php. Google has indexed over 3K pages and keeps the indexes and content updated all the time. while msn has only indexed 2 pages and only visits once in 24 hours and reads only 35KB of data and goes away.

I have setup sitemaps xml and added it otmsn webmaster tools. Msn has found backlinks to my site but still no joy

Can someone tell me whats there problem here?

Thanks

Umer

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 12:58 PM

Answers

• @ tyneshop

I see that we have 4 or 5 pages indexed today. Right now, you are ranking extremely low. One way to increase your crawl rate and indexing is by increasing your Static Rank. I see you have many backlinks from boards and resource pages. Although these aren't hurting your ranking, they aren't helping much either. Here are some suggestions for creating quality backlinks:

1.       Start a blog – and write content that will give people a reason to link to your website

2.       Join a reputable industry association – often times they will list their members and provide links to their websites. Examples could be a local rotary club, or a professional association like the American Medical Association.

3.       Get involved with your community – participating with your community through blogs, forums and other online resources may give you legitimate reasons to provide links to your site.

4.       Talk to a reporter – is there a potential story around your business? Or do you have helpful tips about your business people might be interested in? Pitch a story to a reporter or journalist, and they might give you a link.

5.       Press Releases – if your company has a significant event, consider doing a press release through a site like http://prweb.com.

6.       Suppliers and partners – ask your business partners if they would add a section to their website describing your partnership, with a link to your website. Or, if your suppliers have a website, perhaps they have a page where they recommend local distributers of their products.

7.       Evangelize your site in the real world – with business cards, magnets, USB keys and other fun collectables

Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:05 PM

All replies

•  

Live has been broken for a long time, sadly they will not admit it and fix the problem. If you read through this forum you will see most people have the same problem as you.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:00 PM
  • Hmmm yes you are right... Wonder when they are going to respond and help us?

Thank for taking the time to reply me Alray

cheers

Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:29 AM
  • @ tyneshop

I see that we have 4 or 5 pages indexed today. Right now, you are ranking extremely low. One way to increase your crawl rate and indexing is by increasing your Static Rank. I see you have many backlinks from boards and resource pages. Although these aren't hurting your ranking, they aren't helping much either. Here are some suggestions for creating quality backlinks:

1.       Start a blog – and write content that will give people a reason to link to your website

2.       Join a reputable industry association – often times they will list their members and provide links to their websites. Examples could be a local rotary club, or a professional association like the American Medical Association.

3.       Get involved with your community – participating with your community through blogs, forums and other online resources may give you legitimate reasons to provide links to your site.

4.       Talk to a reporter – is there a potential story around your business? Or do you have helpful tips about your business people might be interested in? Pitch a story to a reporter or journalist, and they might give you a link.

5.       Press Releases – if your company has a significant event, consider doing a press release through a site like http://prweb.com.

6.       Suppliers and partners – ask your business partners if they would add a section to their website describing your partnership, with a link to your website. Or, if your suppliers have a website, perhaps they have a page where they recommend local distributers of their products.

7.       Evangelize your site in the real world – with business cards, magnets, USB keys and other fun collectables

Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:05 PM
  •  

Real Answer:

You dont rank high but even if you do the chances are Live will not index your whole site just a small part of it.

You can do all things and they will help you with Google and Yahoo apart from 7 which is a joke. But not one of them will help you on Live.

Friday, December 12, 2008 12:12 AM