Computer Monitoring error is BAAAACK RRS feed

• General discussion

• So this little issue was fixed back in 2012 but I now have it happening again on 3 WHS 2011 networks that I support. It is getting very annoying. does anyone have any idea if Microsoft is aware of this and hopefully working on a fix for it. This started happening again about a month ago. All workstations and the server are up to date with updates. It started after a large number of updates were issues a while back but I could not pin it down to which update caused it.

I do not have BPA installed on any of the servers.

Any help would be appreciated as I have now turned off the alerts for everyone so that they are not annoyed by it.

Ron Spitzer

• Moved by Andy Qi Monday, March 31, 2014 11:07 AM
    • Changed type Andy Qi Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue, maybe you should install the hotfix in the following article.

You receive the warning "Computer Monitoring Error" in Windows Home Server 2011 after you install Update Rollup 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2686857/en-us

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 31, 2014 11:09 AM
  • That one is pretty old. The DLL's in the hotfix are older than the ones I currently have. The initial problem release and fix is from 2 years ago and I did have the issue back then. These servers were running without issues until about a month ago and after some updates the problem started again.

Is no one else out there having this problem?

I could apply the hotfix but I am not sure if it will even apply because the files are older than the current ones. any thoughts on whether I should do it anyway? 

Ron Spitzer

Monday, March 31, 2014 2:39 PM