eml mail

• lucky me! i just started using w-7.  i see no advantages over XP except to confound and confuse us newbees.  i started using my new computer and brought over all of my saved e-mails from outlook express. I had them stored on an external hard drive for protection.   they are now in a storage folder in Live mail and i cannot open 90% of them because i gert an error message that says: "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is installed create an blah blah blah".  what kind of bullshit is this?  Upgrade to the new and wonderful w-7 with all of its improvements. With 420 extensions in their default programs set association list not one says eml and therefore not one association will open my years worth of saved e-mails.  I am so happy that i moved up to windows-7.  By chance is there anyone that knows how to fix what microsoft f----d up???

Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:31 PM

All replies

• Really sorry about that...

This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Unfortunately, you've submitted a query to the wrong forum; but perhaps you can find the right forum(s) here.

Reference Link(s):

For everything Windows LIVE [apps and services]

For General Microsoft topics...

Hope this helps. 
    Monday, April 26, 2010 11:31 AM