none
Failed the 70-562 RRS feed

• Question

• I spent a good deal of time studying for this exam by a study provider that guaranteed I would pass or my money back.  I memorized the questions and answers and the reason for the answers for over 300 related questions and still failed the actual exam by scoring 568/1000.  I would say it only helped me with about 25% of the test. Such is life. 

I would like to know if when I take the exam again are the questions going to be the exact same questions or completely different.  Or if they are mixed (some new some the same) and being pulled out of a pool of questions how is it determined what I will get? and will the difficulty level change or the actually number of questions on the exam change too? (I had 45 questions on my exam)

Thanks, Ben

• Edited by Ben___ Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:11 PM typo
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you did not pass the exam. First i'd like to say guarantee or money back always seems to good to be true. These exam are no picnic so what can they guarantee? Anyway questions are taken from a pool so you never know which questions are going to pop up in the retake. The number of questions will be th same. The difficulty will also stay the same. So it might be possible that you get questions which you might have seen the first time around. I'd say study more. You have the experience now and know how the questions are examined. You know what kind of questions to expect and what techniques they are looking for. 568 is not all to bad for a first try. So come on, study some more and give it another shot.

Good luck.

Maurice
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:55 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you failed.

I think there is a danger in knowing the answers to a lot of questions but not knowing the topic.

Not sure which provider you used but if you use the practice test questions that come with the Microsoft Guide or the MeasureUp tests, they show you where the material in the MSDN relating to the questions is (see explanation when you view answer).  They also tell you what objective they are testing.  Read these links and if you do not know the material study them.  Recognise that your answer rate on a sample test may reflect the fact that you know the answers to this test rather than the material.  The MSDN material is the basis for the exam, so this is your friend.  Hit areas that you test weak on, look at the objectives in the skill tested of the exam description, see what weight each area is given and spend your time accordingly.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Ozzy Geoff

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you did not pass the exam. First i'd like to say guarantee or money back always seems to good to be true. These exam are no picnic so what can they guarantee? Anyway questions are taken from a pool so you never know which questions are going to pop up in the retake. The number of questions will be th same. The difficulty will also stay the same. So it might be possible that you get questions which you might have seen the first time around. I'd say study more. You have the experience now and know how the questions are examined. You know what kind of questions to expect and what techniques they are looking for. 568 is not all to bad for a first try. So come on, study some more and give it another shot.

Good luck.

Maurice
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:55 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Good luck.

Maurice

Thanks Maurice,   That helps.  There's definitely no turning back now. I have already put this much time into it.  And I have a report indicating to me which areas I need to study in.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 12:07 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you failed.

I think there is a danger in knowing the answers to a lot of questions but not knowing the topic.

Not sure which provider you used but if you use the practice test questions that come with the Microsoft Guide or the MeasureUp tests, they show you where the material in the MSDN relating to the questions is (see explanation when you view answer).  They also tell you what objective they are testing.  Read these links and if you do not know the material study them.  Recognise that your answer rate on a sample test may reflect the fact that you know the answers to this test rather than the material.  The MSDN material is the basis for the exam, so this is your friend.  Hit areas that you test weak on, look at the objectives in the skill tested of the exam description, see what weight each area is given and spend your time accordingly.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Ozzy Geoff

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:22 PM