Qwest ruined my LOC subscription and account RRS feed

• Question

•  

Well,

I recently canceled Qwest with Windows Live.  (Qwest even took over my IE7... displaying "by Qwest" at the end)  That same day LOC turned red and said I have to renew.  I purchased LOC in Aug. 07' (before I "upgraded")  Now to my dismay I log into my MSN account and it is all tied into Qwest with MSN Premium, NOT me personally.  I tried to change billing info, my info, etc, etc... I have now spent over 4hrs looking for info on how to fix this so I may get my LOC account back.  When ever I click the "Renew" it redirects me to https://signup.msn.com/pages/ErrorPage.aspx?Errorcode=2002 . Also for the love of all that is good, plz don't tell me to contact Qwest.  Pretty much since I got rid of Qwest I have no way to add/change anything on my MSN account other than My personal info.  I would rather not remove LOC and use another because of Qwest messing with my account. 

Aside from all that LOC works just fine for me, minus the lack of a few extra options.

LOC Version: 2.0.2500.14

O.S.: Win XP SP2 V.2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect that you will need to contact Qwest to get this resolved. You can also contact OneCare support. I don't know what history they can see for your account, but if you purchased OneCare apart from your Qwest subscription, you should be able to work something out to get it restored.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:32 PM
  • I kinda figured I might... Not sure either, as I cannot do anything to my account other than my address, name etc... Also not showing anything about my LOC and no way to renew or get a new one...  The more I think about it, I don't think online will get me very far.  Appreciate the time to help out!

Just words of warning to those who have LOC and get Qwest with Windows Live... It will take over your LOC account and tie it into your Qwest Account.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:30 AM
  • Can you explain the order of events? You had a LiveID and then signed up for Qwest? You then purchased a 12 month OneCare subscription? And now you've canceled your Qwest account and the OneCare subscription disappeared? Qwest subscribers qualify for a free OneCare subscription, supported by Qwest. It needs to be activated with the @q.com LiveID in order to be included. Is it possible that your OneCare subscription is under a different LiveID since you paid for it? Or did your Qwest service use your existing @hotmail or @msn address?

-steve

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:03 AM
  •  

Originally yes I had a live ID when I got Qwest with MSN Premium, did the LOC trial, then purchased a Retail box version (cheaper than buying online).  Few months later I upgraded to the Qwest with Windows Live, which came with LOC(Upgraded from Qwest with MSN Premium).  Yes, they did use my @msn address.  Had no idea Qwest would over take my @msn info with my LOC.  Figured they were different from each other.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:22 AM
  • I suspect that it had to do with the fact that you had an MSN Premium account, so all services that came with it (including the free Qwest provided OneCare subscription) got canceled when you canceled. Of course, never mind that you paid for your own OneCare subscription. You might want to contact OneCare support and see if there is a record of your account before it got canceled via the Qwest deal that ties with the retail key in your possession. Who knows, they may be able to re-enable it...

If you don't get anywhere with that, please let me know and I'll see if I can find out who to pursue this with.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:43 AM