How to change layout of a form RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All. I am newbie in dynamics CRM.

is there anyone who knows how to change or add some field in crm without coding? is there a tool for it?

Thanks.

Regards.

Ryan

Monday, July 26, 2010 8:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Ryan.

There is no coding needed.

You should do following:

1. Add attribute of required type from entity customization form - Attributes.

2. Open form customization (entity customization form - section Forms and views - form).

3. Click add and choose required attributes, click OK.

4. Save form, publish entity.

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Al Hakim Monday, July 26, 2010 9:28 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Hi, Ryan.

There is no coding needed.

You should do following:

1. Add attribute of required type from entity customization form - Attributes.

2. Open form customization (entity customization form - section Forms and views - form).

3. Click add and choose required attributes, click OK.

4. Save form, publish entity.

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)

wow big thanks mr andriy. i heard we can use some tools that will help us to modifacation and customization the layout of our form, such as case form.

can i ask you what kind of tool that i can use for customization dynamics crm?

Big thanks again mr andriy,

Ryan

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:20 AM
  • I don't know what tools you ment, Ryan, because all customizations can be done through user interface of CRM.

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Al Hakim Monday, July 26, 2010 9:57 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:55 AM
  • I don't know what tools you ment, Ryan, because all customizations can be done through user interface of CRM.

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)

yes thanks mr andriy. i already find out from the answer above. big big thanks mr andriy!

cheers

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:58 AM
  • Halo all, can i ask another question? what if i want to modify my navigation pane. i want that only service module that will be seen. i want to hide sales and marketing module. can i do that by using user interface? or i need another tool? Thanks. RYan
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:28 AM
  • You can switch the visibility of areas on/off via the sitemap, Ryan; you can also make them available to only a subset of users if you wish:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc150877.aspx

You'll need to edit an XML file, so it's not purely UI driven as with entity customisation.

--pogo (pat)
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:53 AM